Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Tips to get the maximum out of your "Cell phone Camera"


I am one of those guys who is really lazy to buy a decent camera and still strive on the in-built camera of my cell-phone. And seriously I don't feel like I need a camera until it gets dark or when I am traveling. I use the 3 odd MegaPixel camera built into my LG incite cell phone most of the times for my photography.

The pictures of the mushrooms that I took are taken with the little camera at the back of my cell-phone. That means I rely a lot on my cell camera and definitely I am in a better position to advice about the do's and dont's when you are using a cell-phone camera for your photographic needs. Here are a few of them::

* Make sure that the object of interest is well-lit.
The light factor plays a big difference when you are photographing using a little lens like that of your camera phone. You need to make sure that the object that you want to capture is in a perfect position for you to capture the maximum amount of light. This is a must to avoid dull pics.

* Take multiple shots.
If you don't need to care about your phone memory that supports your photos, then my advice is to take as many photos as you can. Later on you can chose between the best and the better ones of the lot. That way you can save the best ones and boast of them later on.

* Clean your lens often.
This is one tip that most users find hard to follow just out of laziness but this is really good tip. Just make sure that you clean the lens once in a while, may not be daily. This will help you get some good photos without that blurry layers on top.

* Use the highest resolution available.
Before I knew about this tip I used to mostly rely on the resoultion of 640X480 or 1600X1200 for my photos, but when I came to know about the effect of resolution, I started experimenting and found out that taking the photos in the maximum available resolution helps you capture more detail and helps you later when you want to edit them out.

* Never use Digital Zoom
If you want to have your photos of good quality, my advice is never use the in-built digital zoom. Optical zoom is preferable if available but digital zoom does a lot of bad to your photos by decreasing the quality of photos.

* Try to stay still.
Right now and according to my knowledge, there are very less number of phones that support Image Stabilized cameras, which means you need to stay as still as possible to get the best pictures, otherwise you will end up with some blurry pics.

* Stay near the subject.
If possible try and stay near the subject of interest and try to take your pictures in more like a profile model than in panaromic way.


- These are a few of the tips that I came to know while I have been capturing pictures on my mobile phone. Thought to share with you. Will be back with more interesting articles. Till then stay cool and stay free...

by Adi
pic ehow

No comments:

Post a Comment